what FBI charges INS for each

gheewalabhai888

Registered Users (C)
FP generation? For Second FP, I went and did it without INS' letter. May be they wouldn't prefer that if there is a cost involved. I heard nothing back from anywhrere and online is not updated either.

I don't think they update anything regarding to the 2nd FP on line. Did you call FBI and find out if they cleared your FP and sent the result to CIS? Just in case you don't have the number, here it is: 304 625 5590

FBI number

My wife and myself have been waiting very long (Lucky my 3-year old son has a US passport). We did 2nd FP in Sept. 2003. Our senator's office checked our cases and said wife's name check was not back. I wonder when did they submit name check? Did we have two name checks like FPs? Anybody know FBI number to ask for name check clearance?

Very frustrated

RD 07/01
ND 08/01
1st FP 03/02
RFE 02/03
2nd FP 03/03

Originally posted by gheewalabhai888
FP generation? For Second FP, I went and did it without INS' letter. May be they wouldn't prefer that if there is a cost involved. I heard nothing back from anywhrere and online is not updated either.

You are rather lucky. At the behest of my lawyer, I went to the ASC to offer my fingerprints two times (initial FP verification expired in Oct.), once in April and once more in Oct., both the times with the same fingerprint notice from Nebraska. The man at the counter (the first time around I caught him in a completely comatose pose with one leg nonchalantly perched over the counter) refused to take my prints because the prints were still valid (this was in April) even though I had the official notice, and the second time in Oct. because I did not have a fresh official FP notice. I meekly protested and asked to see the officer in-charge and was told by his highness that INS gets charged by the FBI for each fingerprint verification and hence they will not do it without the official notice.

Who says the feds are not cost conscious!

Sankrit

My dependent got 2nd FP notice in April but I did not. But I went there and showed her and mine and asked if they could do it. Matter of chance and mood on that day, I suppose.
Now it is almost time for 3rd FP again! I don't see anything moving for a while if they work on pockets of applicants at their will.