What does this RFE mean

Hulk04

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My wife received an RFE. Rather the lawyer received it and he is requesting for the following from us...Any idea what the RFE may be about?
We applied for 485 when she was on an EAD for FI/Practical Training. Since then she and I have been thru 3APs and 3EADs and 2 FPs. My case however was approved.

This is what the lawyer requested

1. We will need to prepare an updated version of your spouse's Biographic Information. Please list your spouse'sresidence within the last 5 years, listing present address first. Also, please list spouse's employment history within the last 5 years and send us your spouse's work authorization (evidence of your spouse's employment) during that time.

2. Submit evidence that you and your spouse remain in a valid martial relationship, such evidence may be joint bank account, evidence of your spouse being included on your medical benefits, joint filing of income taxes, mortgage documents, utility bills, birth certificates of children (if any), etc.

3. Submit a copy of your spouse's Social Security Card.

4. Please submit a complete copy of every page of your spouse's passport, including the blank pages. If your passport has been renewed since your initial entry into the US, your spouse must also submit a copy of the complete passport your spouse used upon her initial entry into the US and any subsequent passports that may have been issued to your spouse since that time.

5. Please confirm your current address and provide us with evidence of your spouse's current residence, such as, copies of current utillity bills, bank account statements, newly issued drivers licience, etc.

Thanks as always
-H

RFE is probably to prove marital status, and proof of legality of stay.

Shouldn't be too difficult, just provide the information asked for, and due to your approval, the dependent shouldn't have any problems.

Just ask lawyer what the RFE is exactly about. S/He should tell you. Ask him to fax it to you, while you collect all the evidence.

At the very least sounds like they are processing ur wife's file.

If you are the primary filer they just probably want her to prove that she still married to u. Talk with your lawyer and make sure all the docments USCIS asked is provided to them.
Sounds like she is very close to getting her GC. :)

Goodluck

At least your lawyer is clear enough what he wants (lots of lawyers don't do that, instead they just fax you the RFE sheet with confusing one-liner). Provide all the info he listed. I don't think any of them is very difficult to obtain or provide.

My RFE wasn't looking for quite so much detail - just updated Biographical Info pages for my wife and me. The only change from the original for either of us was the job my wife got after getting her EAD.

The odd request was for new photos for the whole family! The original photos were fine, exact copies were used for first EAD and AP so they must have been acceptable. There really is no explaining half the sh#$ they waste their time on. They even timed the RFE perfectly - issued it shortly before my finger prints expire. That way by the time they get around to looking at my new photos they'll figure out that now they need new finger prints as well. Its no wonder the process takes so long - they're utterly incompetent!