what does this message mean

gcJul2003

Registered Users (C)
PD is May 2002, and 485 ND is June 24th 2005 hence called up TSC and I received the following response,
"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number below:"

Does the above mean name check or security check? Any response is greatly appreciated,

thank you,
revoor
:)

I received similar message from TSC two months ago. I believe they mean the security check. I am not sure. After a month, I found LUD on my case.
The message they sent both of us is a standard one and I am sure they sent it to others in this forum.

gcJul2003 said:
PD is May 2002, and 485 ND is June 24th 2005 hence called up TSC and I received the following response,
"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number below:"

Does the above mean name check or security check? Any response is greatly appreciated,

thank you,
revoor
:)

I received similar message from VSC a month ago. Then, I went to BOS JFK and asked about it. I was told that everything was ok with my case and I have just to wait for my approval.
When there is problems with the case, the message is diferent: " the Backgrounds Checks or NC still pending, wait 6 mo, bla, bla, bla...". Stay cool.

Hi all,

I received an identical "additional review" letter from the TSC. The letter was in response to a call I made to the TSC in April to inquire about my EAD and AP for me and my wife. The EADs and APs were both outside the TSC's "30 day processing window". After my call to the TSC, I received the "additional review" letter in regard to my EAD and AP, while my wife's EAD and AP got approved recently.

Here are the details of my case:
i140 - RD 1/26/06 (3 LUDs thru March 29)
EAD - RD 1/26/06 (3 LUDs thru March 29)
AP - RD 1/26/06 (3 LUDs thru March 29)
i485 - RD 1/26/06 (3 LUDs thru March 29)
EAD (spouse) - RD 1/26/06 (3 LUDs thru March 29 then ..) Approved May 8
AP (spouse) - RD 1/26/06 (3 LUDs thru March 29 then ..) Approved May 8
i485 (spouse) - RD 1/26/06 (3 LUDs thru March 29)
FP completed for me and spouse (walk-in) - 2/8/06

Upon further online search, I was able to find this article. Interestingly, the FBI uses the same term ("additional review") to refer to one of their security checks:
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress04/garrity021304.htm

I wonder what it all means to me. I hope I am not one of the unlucky ones who get stuck indefinitely in the security check maze! :)

Last edited by a moderator: