What does this mean?

samgoody12

Registered Users (C)
Today status of my case changed to

"On August 30, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Interestingly on Aug 30th VSC has confirmed change of address on my 485 application. Could this me RFE for employment?

status email

even my status changed yesterday with same message.
i also got an email.
it is yet another way to keep you quiet so that you do not try to expexdite. this means nothing you will get a letter saying it is pending service consideration and it will take 45-60 days more.

An address change on your application triggers that message. I dont think it has anything to do with an RFE. Nothing to worry.

I've got the same status on Aug12. Then I called CS on Sep13 then the message changed to "On October 1, 2004 we have responded to your ...". Now planning to call again on November 1st, what else we can do?

By the way, does anyone know what is name check and how can I do it?

Thanks,

sk
RD 3/5/2003
ND 3/25/2003

sk24 said:
I've got the same status on Aug12. Then I called CS on Sep13 then the message changed to "On October 1, 2004 we have responded to your ...". Now planning to call again on November 1st, what else we can do?

By the way, does anyone know what is name check and how can I do it?

Thanks,

sk
RD 3/5/2003
ND 3/25/2003
I am sure you know that there is a search functionality in these forums. "Name check" has been discussed in a lot of topics.
Also, there is a sticky thread in this 485 forum for "Important Info and FAQ". Check that. Here is the link:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=93273