What does Priorty Date mean and where can I find it??

sunilgin

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I've been a regular visitor of this site since few weeks and I am glad I found this site with so many other fellow GC hopers.

Pls. help me understand what does this Priority Date means and where can I find it.

Here's a little history of my situation. My company's lawyer applied my I-140/I-485 concurrently in Jun 2004 using my labor that was applied in Dec 2002, approved in Aug/Sep 2003.

Due to an address change in Jun 2004 I never received my I-140/I-485 receipts. So how do I know what my priority date is??

Thanks,
Sunilgin

The PD is the date in which your LC was received by the state's SWA. So in your case, it is probably Dec 02.

Cfiler,

Thanks for the quick response. I needed that info to put my details in the signature.

EAD: SEP 2004
AP: NOV 2004
FP ??

Priority Date issue may not effect you

Only three country are effetced by this PD. India, Mainland China and PHILIPPINES. If you are not born in one of the above said country. You have no problem with PD.

Every month the USCIS (aka INS) releases a visa bulletin. In it they post the retrogression dates. Those dates change slowly from month to month. Anyone with a PD equal or older than the date published is elegible for AOS.