what does it mean??

original_007

Registered Users (C)
ok, so what does:

"On March 4, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."
mean??

btw. I never recieved this 'document'.
I just talked to an IIO, apparently they did not have my new address (mail got returned to them), although I had send in the address change request a year ago.
Gave IIO the new address, not sure when they'll send the document again. Also, she didn't know what it was about.
Any ideas??

RD 07/2001
ND 08/2001
FP 2/2003 (called and requested them in 11/2002)

AD : whenever.... :(

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like ur case is approved

Did you ask IIO whether your case was approved? Since you already completed the FP there is a strong possibility that you are approved on Mar 04 2003!

But original_007 says

That his FP is done in Feb 2002..

The possibility is he can either get RFE or APPROVAL

If it is RFE they dont say

"On March 4, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."
mean??

original_007 Advance Congrats !

This guy is a Lucky James Bond(original_007)

Do you have a lawyer?

If you have a lawyer, he/she should receive a copy of whatever the document which have been sent from TSC. Otherwise, keep calling or writing letters to TSC, until you find out what happened.
Good luck.

Bajis,
If he did FP last month, they might finally be updating the fact that the FP notice was sent. Later they will update that FP has been completed. TSC seems very erratic with updates.

I'm going to try to call the IIO again to see if they can tell me if the case is approved, can they tell me that?, i'll keep you guys posted.

saimural - Its the Terribly Slow Center (TSC), and the I-485 is employer sponsored.

bajis - I did the FP in jan 03, the online status was updated with "On 11 feb. the results were receieved..blah blah blah..." on/around mid feb. I called my lawyer, and they havn't receievd anything. They didn't even receive the FP notice.

well, i have changed jobs and moved from NC to NJ so it might be an RFE, who knows!
do you think faxing might help? what is their number.
thanks

false alarm??

ok, i just read the "AVM message???" post,
so it just might be another FP notice...no need to get my hopes up!:rolleyes:

KennyGH - What did the AVM message say after your approval? Did it say "This case has been approved ..." or did it say "document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly ..."

original_007,

>I did the FP in jan 03, the online status was updated with "On 11 feb ...
Q: Can you post the exact date (in Jan. 2003) you completed your FP?

Looks like it could be 1 of the following 3.
1. You case was approved (very good news)
2. You got an RFE for location change (not so bad news, at least they're processing your case)
3. You got another FP notice (not sure if it is good or bad)

Let's wait for KennyGH's post about his AVM message to guess which.

useless piece of ...

just got off the phone talking with an IIO, well,

"she don't got no information on what the notice be 'bout, but sure it wasn't no approval, and why be I call'n her when I already know I got my finger printin' done, and I ain't waitin for no receipt. I even got more info. than she got from this here computer. To see if I got finger printin' notice she gots to get her a... to a different system, an' there ain' no reason for her to move her a... she sure can tell me it was no 'proval or request for info. otherwise her this here system would've told her so. Now, may I get the notice resent? well, there ain' no way she can resend it, probably tis was just a mistake, so since I have my FP done, all I got's to do is sit on my behind and wait"

and the saga continues....

ps: next time call the 1-800 number (the nation service #) and they will have access to individual case data...whatever that means!

( i feel much better letting it all out) thanks.

Guys,
Today my online status changed from we have received your application for 485 ...... and it takes 725 to 775 days blah blah to

"On March 19, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

My wife's status hasn't changed yet. More at the time of applying my I-485, I was living in Kentucky[TSC area] and immediately after that I moved to CA. Infact I received my EAD card and AP at my new address in CA.
Could some shed some light on this please.

RD: MAR 21, 2002
PD: MAR 22, 2002
ND: MAR 22, 2002
FP: Not yet! I don't know when

Thanks

Bajis
Mine only said it was approved not that other strange message.

From the various posts, that seems to be FP related and not an approval.