What Documents to include with N 400

siddig1

Registered Users (C)
hello,
what documents to iclude with the N400 OTHER THAN 2 pics and money order and copy of green card?
do u send tax papers and all other supporting docs with the application or u wait until interview
thx

siddig said:
hello,
what documents to iclude with the N400 OTHER THAN 2 pics and money order and copy of green card?
do u send tax papers and all other supporting docs with the application or u wait until interview
thx

Tax papers are not required. You will be asked to bring to your interview if there is a need for it. My attorney had suggested me to also include copies from passport pages that have port of entry stamp (entry and departure).

Good luck!

Check A Guide to Naturalization Checklist!

siddig said:
hello,
thx

Make sure you use the extensive CheckList provided at the end of the "A Guide to Naturalization" http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/guide.htm
It is very extensive and is the only one I know it is complete and accurate for most type of applications. If the applicant is an active military personnel, additional things must be sent. But that's another story.

Immg-Jock said:
A very imporant item in the package should be your tax returns for past 3 years atleast.

tax forms are NOT REQUIRED PERIOD.

Immg-Jock said:
If you are applying through marriage, make sure you send photographs of you and your wife/husband intimate, to avoid any doubts that this might be a "marriage for immigration reasons".

What the @*#)!) are you talking? You are an idiot...

N-400 Address Query...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Thank you for all the inputs here.. I have a question regarding the mailing address in the N400 form..

I am applying for citizenship soon and I see on the N400 form there are 2 addresses.. 1. your present address 2. the mailing address

My lease for my apartment ends in June and they are not willing to extent it.. Which means I would need to update or chaneg my address in June..( i beleive this may delay the process again).

Can i give my friends address as the mailing address and put him as care of.. He is not planning to move for another year or so... Any issues or drawbacks on it? Anyone has any experience ? please advice..

Thanks ..

UC

Of course you can provide your friend's address for mailing purposes. It will be used just to send you your receipts and invitation for FP, interview and OATH.

In your case, I would go to Post Office and open a PO BOX for a year ($36) and sleep safe that mail will not be delivered. You can close it after OATH or receiving passport.

hello,
thx

If you are filing under the "5 years as LPR" and your case is very straight forward, you only need to enclose the passport size pictures (2 copies), copy of your green card and fees. That's it. Period. However, for more complicated cases including arrests and such, you need to enclose additional proof - court disposition outlining those crimes.

However, if you are filing under 3 years married to USC, you need to provide additional information proving your marriage. If in this category, refer to the Naturalization guide for further information.

If you are filing under the "5 years as LPR" and your case is very straight forward, you only need to enclose the passport size pictures (2 copies), copy of your green card and fees. That's it. Period. However, for more complicated cases including arrests and such, you need to enclose additional proof - court disposition outlining those crimes.

However, if you are filing under 3 years married to USC, you need to provide additional information proving your marriage. If in this category, refer to the Naturalization guide for further information.

I wonder if you have noticed that you have just answered to a posting that was made/posted by OP almost two and half years ago. S/he most probably not only has been a US citizen by now but also might have brought all of his/her immediate family members here thru sponsoring them. :)

Following on from JohnnyCash's query, what made you post to a 2004 thread?!!
Ahmm...!

N-400 Address Query...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Thank you for all the inputs here.. I have a question regarding the mailing address in the N400 form..

I am applying for citizenship soon and I see on the N400 form there are 2 addresses.. 1. your present address 2. the mailing address

My lease for my apartment ends in June and they are not willing to extent it.. Which means I would need to update or chaneg my address in June..( i beleive this may delay the process again).

Can i give my friends address as the mailing address and put him as care of.. He is not planning to move for another year or so... Any issues or drawbacks on it? Anyone has any experience ? please advice..

Thanks ..

UC