what documents required from new employer for AC21 case

leeegary

Registered Users (C)
Hey,
I have a question for my AC21 case. I was laid off after 180 days of I485 filing and just got an offer from a government agent.
The government agent told me that they would not sponsor H1 and GC for me. However they can provide me an employment verification letter with information about my title, salary, start date and duties. I know I can use EAD to work for them. Can any one tell me that if there is any other documents I need from my employer for AC21 case.

Thanks a lot

I guess u need receipts of 485 and copy of labour and I-140 approval.

U need copy of labour and I-140 for any RFE's, u might get in future.

Originally posted by leeegary
Hey,
I have a question for my AC21 case. I was laid off after 180 days of I485 filing and just got an offer from a government agent.
The government agent told me that they would not sponsor H1 and GC for me. However they can provide me an employment verification letter with information about my title, salary, start date and duties. I know I can use EAD to work for them. Can any one tell me that if there is any other documents I need from my employer for AC21 case.

Thanks a lot

from ur previous employer, u need 140 approval notice copy and job description/O Net code/salary/title from LC (best to get copy of LC file but if not, atleast the docs mentioned). Also make sure they don't cancel ur 140 (they cannot as per a latest memo from INS but still, be sure - some immigration officers can still get u in a mess)

from ur current employer, u would need an employment letter with preferably SAME job description/O Net code as the one written in ur LC. Title can be similar though is not that important. Salary should be same or higher though this is not a must-have requirement (some immigration officers force this, others do not - lack of regulations on AC-21)

also check out the AC-21 Portability forum on this site.

goodluck

-ab