what documents required from new employer for AC21 case

leeegary

Registered Users (C)
Hey,
I have a question for my AC21 case. I was laid off after 180 days of I485 filing and just got an offer from a government agent.
The government agent told me that they would not sponsor H1 and GC for me. However they can provide me an employment verification letter with information about my title, salary, start date and duties. I know I can use EAD to work for them. Can any one tell me that if there is any other documents I need from my employer for AC21 case.

Thanks a lot

If you get an employment based RFE, you will have to provide a letter from the employer stating
1) Job duties
2) Salary
3) Prospect for continued employment
and usually couple of W2s and 2-6 months of recent paystubs.

bugsbunny,
Thank you very much for your response. The new employer only wants to say that the position is a permanent one. But they don't want to say anything else such as the terms and conditions of the employment petition continue to exist when I get the GC.
I'd like to check if it works.

Regards

I don' t think BCIS asks for such a commitment, only the job duties, salary and prospect (continued interest). For AC21 cases, the new employer will usually refuse to mention the LC in a employment letter. I don't think that is a problem if the employement is full time. For hourly employment, the wording becomes a little dicey - I don't have any examples of those.

Even with BCIS's unlimited capacity for dumbness, I think they also realize that the terms and conditions of employment can change in the 3-4 years it takes to adjucate, even in the same job family.