What documents needed for Passport Stamping? Guru please help!

Take your passport too...

Everything is mentioned on the Approval Notice. Travel Docs means I-94s. Take EADs, APs and courtesy copy or attorney copy of approval notice. Good luck.

Should I bring H1-B with me too?

I just searched the web using google, found that some message said
H1-B visa notice also should be brought. My H-1b expired, I already used my EAD card to work. Thanks again for your help in advance.

I don\'t think anything H1 related is required...

if you are working on EAD the H1 is invalidated, and has no meaning.

thank you virochan

Thank you very much, virochan! Have You already got stamping or you are waiting for your approval? My best wishes to you for your green card application. I have not received courtesy copy yet.

I am so done...

I recd my card a few days ago! Hopefully the chapter is closed for a few years.

As for you, hope you get the card soon!

for virochan

Hi virochan,
How soon can you go for stamping after you received your approval notice? Is there a specific date on your notice? Or you can go there immediately after you received your courtesy copy?
Thanks in advance!

H1B, I-94s

Hi,
   I am waiting for my courtsey copy, approved on 11/05/01.
My husband\'s and daughter\'s I-94s expired in 10/00. I asked lawyer to help to renew them(in 01/01), but meanwhile my H1 was going to expire in 3/01. Also, all of our passports were not yet revalidated with the new company\'s H1. But, lawyer first applied for H1 renewal. Got the Receipt Notice but have not yet received the renewal. Lawyer said that I-94 expiry will not be a problem unless want to go out of country. And lawyer also says that we won\'t have any problem because it was almost a year since we had applied for I485!! We have a legal status...So, we never got the I-94s renewed yet. Will this be a problem when we go for the stamping? Is it okay if I just take my H1 renewal\'s Receipt Notice?
Please advise!!

H1-B renew notice will work.

I believe H1-B renew notice will work. Especially when the receipt date is at least one month early than the expire date of former H1-B.
It\'s INS \'s slow work that delayed your receiving of renewed H1_B

for rapnpop

Hi rapnpop,
How are you! I am from N. VA. I need to go to Arlington INS office.
I am glad to know that you are from this area too. You said you are from DC area. where, maryland or virginia? We may meet each other at the stamping office. I have not received courtesy copy, neither have my lawyer. I will check my lawyer this afternoon after new mail come in.

So you need to go to Arlington to Stamp too.

I heard that we also need to go to Social Security to change our status there after stamping. The following is the address and other information you may need if you want to inform S.S. your status change. You can claim for social security benefit after stamping.
One of my friend claim benefit after being lay off. Best wishes,
Office Address:
 SUITE 190
 6295 EDSALL ROAD
 ALEXANDRIA , VA 22312
Office Hours:
 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM MON-FRI
Office Phone:
 (800) 772-1213
 TTY: (800) 325-0778
Directions to our office:
 395 TO EDSALL RD EAST EXIT TO 6295--495 TO VAN DORN FRNACONIA EXIT. LEFT ON EDSALL TO 6295--ENTRANCE TO OFFICE ON RIGHT SIDE OF BUILDING.

So you need to go to Arlington to Stamp too.

I heard that we also need to go to Social Security to change our status there after stamping. The following is the address and other information you may need if you want to inform S.S. your status change. You can claim for social security benefit after stamping.
One of my friend claim benefit after being lay off. Best wishes,
 Office Address:
 SUITE 190
 6295 EDSALL ROAD
 ALEXANDRIA , VA 22312
 Office Hours:
 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM MON-FRI
 Office Phone:
 (800) 772-1213
 TTY: (800) 325-0778
 Directions to our office:
 395 TO EDSALL RD EAST EXIT TO 6295--495 TO VAN DORN FRNACONIA EXIT. LEFT ON EDSALL TO 6295--ENTRANCE TO OFFICE ON RIGHT SIDE OF BUILDING.

Passport stamped today 11/14/01 at Arlington

Got courtesy copies by mail yesterday (11/13/01). Reached INS at 6.30 am and came out 11 am. The actual stamping process took only 5 minutes. went with courtesy copies only. There were around 70 people before me at 6.30!!! It was damn cold.. chilling... They let us to go in only at 7.30. I suggest wear warm apparels, even you need gloves and head bands.. Everybody there were cursing the cold.. Other than that every thing went ok, they called my number at 10.55, and stamping was done in 5 minutes for me, wife and son.

Good luck guys.

Help please

Hi...

I am in MD. I did my FingerPrinting in August, but haven\'t heard anything since. Is there anyway to check the status. I appliced for AOS and obtained my EAD. But, I was laid off (after 180 days) and am looking for a job as of now.

Can somebody tell me what to do and how things stand around in this area ...especially after Finger Printing

Thanks

You can call this number to chek your FP status 2-3 days after it.

Hi eryes,
This is the FBI#: 304-625-5590 to check your FP. You can call it 2 or 3 days after it\'s taken. Normally, it will tell you that they have sent the result of your FP to INS on mm/dd/yyyy. FBI checks your FP with Criminal Database. It\'s very fast. Hope it helps. I didn\'t do other things, just wait. Never call IIO, just checks VSC at night once a week.

I think you can go anyday...

Don\'t delay a lot but I think I read about a guy who was out of town and went after a month. Search for posts by Pikloo and others.

The approval notice does give a date and time (window?). But I went to a different office - there is a small satellite office which was much closer to my place, no issues at all. I am not what will happen if you want to go to another city than in your address. I don\'t think you have to go any particular date too. It is not like an appointment - they are going to herd us like cattle at every opportunity. Hours of waiting is the norm - I was lucky to go to a really small office in Seattle.

I think some people are talking of taking H1 docs for stamping!! You don\'t need those at all.

And yes, if your 485 is filed you cannot be out of status unless the 485 is denied. But you still need authorization to work, like a valid H1 or EAD.