What documents are required when travelling on AP

Anything more than that..

Thanks Mallu - yes I have the AP in hand. I was wondering about the supporting documents like, pay stubs, letter from employer etc...
Come on guys respond. There's got to be someone who has used AP recently...

I travelled with AP in March 2002.

I had my H1-approvel notice, Last paystub, EAD and AP with me.
In the POE they just asked AP - nothing less and more.

So if you are little hesitant you can take all other documents that I mentioned along with SSN - You would be surprised, friend of mine was travelling with a stamped ppand he was asked to show SSN at mumbai airport(immigration) while coming back(this is happend just two days back), but here in USA they didn't ask any of that crap it seems.

Jibran,

Just to be on a safer side, I kept:

copy of I-485 receipt, original or copy of EAD, copy of Employment Letter, I-9 form copy, copy of latest I-94's extension thru my employer.

I was just asking that same question an immigration attorney a couple of days ago. And they just metioned the EAD card (besides passport) as a supporting document when traveling on AP.

Mallu123

It is really Funny why did they asked u'r friends SSN in Mumbai ,why they are bother about this , tell your friend to keep watch on his Credit Report for unknown transaction .

Just think about this there can be racket also where by they ask SSN at that time they have our passport containing DOB Mother's Name,etc.

Few months back i read posting on this very site that Immigration Personal used to tear pages from passport , so upon arrival they used to harass passenger about the missing page (to make money )

I dont want to scare but , Just can't understand why SSN needed at Mumbai Airport .

AP goes with 485 receipt

My lawyer once told me that you need the 485 receipt notice and AP when entering on AP.

Hi,

I travelled on AP in April 2002. Took with me the original AP documents, EAD card, copy of I-485 receipt notice and recent paystub.
At Mumbai airport, only passport/AP was checked. At Newark, I was re-directed to secondary inspection (takes 5-10 mins more).
There AP / passport was taken for verification. Questions asked were:-
1. Who filed for your Adjustment ? (employer)
2. Who is that (state name) ?
3. Who do you work for now ? (state name)
4. When did you leave the US ? (date / purpose).

The passport / I-94 / customs form and one AP document was stamped 'paroled into..... until ....' .

Hope this helps !