What do you sign at the end of Asylum interview?

zapper43

Registered Users (C)
I remember signing two separate things at the end of my asylum interview: the I-589 application itself, and something else. That was in 2000.

What would this second paper be? I wasn't even looking. Anyone remembers what they signed if 2nd paper was given to you for signing after the interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember signing two separate things at the end of my asylum interview: the I-589 application itself, and something else. That was in 2000.

What would this second paper be? I wasn't even looking. Anyone remembers what they signed if 2nd paper was given to you for signing after the interview?

Did my interview on Dec 3,the had me signed the I-589 application,the letter to come pick on my results and also the letter for if i need an interpreter that was it,hope this helps you

Thanks. This sounds like they have new I-589 procedures nowdays.

My decisings (the preliminary and the final approvals) were simply mailed to me at home address, together with I-94 card.

I might have signed that "no interpreter needed" paper then.

Anyone from year 2000 timeframe here, wanna share your experiences?

It is a document that says that you acknowledge the consequences of giving false statements, as far as I remember.