What do u think of my case?

tingoat999

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
MY I-485 recd data is jan 18th,02 and notice date is jan 23,02. I was issued an RFE which reached me around May 11th. I responded on may 12th and it was recd on may 14th by the INS.

MY EAD is expiring on August 11,04. I did not apply for another one hoping I will get approved as I see many approvals ahead of me.

i sent a fax enquiry on June 7th and I did not receive any response till date. I am hoping every day my case will get approved.

How long is it taking for EAD approvals these days. Do you guys think i need to apply for another EAD?

Please let me know.

play safe, apply for EAD renewal today.

tingoat999 said:
Hi,
MY I-485 recd data is jan 18th,02 and notice date is jan 23,02. I was issued an RFE which reached me around May 11th. I responded on may 12th and it was recd on may 14th by the INS.

MY EAD is expiring on August 11,04. I did not apply for another one hoping I will get approved as I see many approvals ahead of me.

i sent a fax enquiry on June 7th and I did not receive any response till date. I am hoping every day my case will get approved.

How long is it taking for EAD approvals these days. Do you guys think i need to apply for another EAD?

Please let me know.

tingoat999 said:
Hi,

Please let me know.
Assuming that you are working on the basis of your EAD ( not another visa like H1), you would want to apply for the renewal ASAP and hope that it comes before your EAD expiry.

If your 485 gets approved before that, you would be very happy and not even care about the EAD :)

Anyways whats there to lose by applying for ur renewal ??

Thanks for the info. I have a question. The processing data at california service center shows April 15, 02. If that is right my case is 3 months before that. Dont you think they should respond to my fax enquiry.

Thanks

Let's put it this way:
EAD renewal app fee - $175
One day of work @ $30/hour (very very conservative there) x 8 = $240
Your EAD already exprires in less than 90 days, so every working day you delay your EAD app means at least $240 bucks minus for you.

You should apply for EAD extension ASAP,

EAD approval s are quick

Here is my case, RFE on my case April 13th 2004 (I-485)
Applied for EAD/AP extension on 28th April 2004 (Attorney was collecting papers to reply rfe, AC21 case), EAD approved on 10th June 2004. (Quick....)

RFE recd by USCIS on 2nd June (I-485), Waiting for next move for USCIS

WAC 02-155-5xxxxxxxxxxx
ND 8th April 2002.