What Can / Should I do

Kcdesi9

Registered Users (C)
Dear Seniors,

I received a mail from FBI indicating that my background check was completed by them in dec 02 and the result was forwarded to INS. The same was was confirmed by the local INS office and they told me that my case was not assigned to any officer yet. contacted local senator and congressman and thier office personnel replied that the processing time at NSC is Feb 02 and I need to wait for 6 more months. I even told them that many of my friends filed in Dec 02 got approved after RFE and 2 Fp they replied that it is just fluke that dec 02 are getting approved.

3rd EAD applied on Jul 7, 04

Please advise me what can/shall I do to speed up the process.

Thanks in Advance.

KCdesi9,
Sometime a straight approach to a congressmans office does not work. In our case..., I approached a congressmans office in CA. My request was..., our 485 case is from NSC..., we did our FP in CA..., customer service does not give information regarding FP update..., cusotmer service told me that I should get in touch with a congressman since only congressmans office can get such information. Please find out on our behalf whether our FP updates were completed or not???? If not, please see that CSC sends FP updates to NSC.
Congressmans office did do the inquiry..., I recieved a letter from congressmans office before our approval and a second letter after our approval...., with an enclosed copy of the infromation from USCIS to the congressmans office regarding our approval with all A numbers etc....
My wife and I think that the inquiry from congressmans office would have triggered our RFE and approval....
Luckily the congressman whom I approaced is a committe member for Homeland Security...

Last edited by a moderator: