What can i do?

nfiniti

Registered Users (C)
I utilized immigration lawyer services to apply for naturalization March 2004.... I went to my naturalization interview January 2005, newark nj...passed everything and then the official tells me I applied 9 months too early, since I returned to the U.S. december 2000 after being out for 1year 1month, I was eligible in december 2004, ...also he pointed out that my lawyer put me as being out 50 days and not 1year 1month.... He has not denied my application yet, he is reviewing my passports... It's been 2 weeks now...
My question, shouldn't my lawyer have advised me of this...why did he put me as 50 days outside the u.s. when it was really 1 year 1 month...should I take some action against him...It seems I will get denied, and if I am..Is there any process i can take to have immigration review my case again since this was an error or possible fraud by my lawyer...

nfiniti said:
I utilized immigration lawyer services to apply for naturalization March 2004.... I went to my naturalization interview January 2005, newark nj...passed everything and then the official tells me I applied 9 months too early, since I returned to the U.S. december 2000 after being out for 1year 1month, I was eligible in december 2004, ...also he pointed out that my lawyer put me as being out 50 days and not 1year 1month.... He has not denied my application yet, he is reviewing my passports... It's been 2 weeks now...
My question, shouldn't my lawyer have advised me of this...why did he put me as 50 days outside the u.s. when it was really 1 year 1 month...should I take some action against him...It seems I will get denied, and if I am..Is there any process i can take to have immigration review my case again since this was an error or possible fraud by my lawyer...
you can file a complaint bar association.

There is nothing bad to be denied in your case, you will just lose your money, that's all. You can apply again when you are eligible.

You will be asked to withdraw your case. File a complaint in the bar assn as Phillydude says and get your money back + pain & suffering