what are the restrictions to maintain the US GC!!

manjula

Registered Users (C)
Please help me.
How many days do I need to stay in US to maintain the US GC.
Do I need to work in US to prove that I am resident in US.
If I appt/house and keep paying the bills, will that be sufficient
to prove the residency.

Please help me how to maintain the US GC, while we are trying to maintain the canadian PR.

No Title

manjula,
The requirement of maintaining US green card is to stay 180 days in a calendar year.
If you are shuttling between canada and US, I think it won\'t be a problem to maintain both. all you have to do is to maintain a address and file your income tax.

No Title

Can you point me to the web sites, it says so or any article which says so.

I know canada requires 183 days. Now you are saying US also requires 180 days. In this case out of 365 days, one can live 183 in canada and live another 182 days in US. Is that one can do to maintain both.

No Title

manjula,
I do not know any website which contains this information but I will let u know once have it.
US requires to stay 6 months to maintain greencard, my relatives are doing but not sure if it is 180 days or 183 days.
Legally there is no law which prevents you in maintaining both permanent residency. Lot of canadians(like flim actors ,atheletes) have greencard but they prefer to stay in Canada for lots of reasons. There is a bill pending C11 which address this problem.
Hope this helps you.