What are my options in 7th year?

sathyk

Dear Friends

I have a situation and want to know my options in here.

My 7th year started in the month of october 2005, applied for 7th year extension in July 2005 and got a RFE asking for the status of my GC. Replied for the RFE and got another RFE, same as the first RFE. My attorney did not replied as its the same. But later replied after some wait. Because of the delay my H1B extension is still in process.

In the meantime, my company is doing cost cutting and asked me to do consulting even thou' my GC was applied for the permanent position. My GC is pending for state labor approval and in the backlog elimination center, still waiting for 45-day notice. My attorney told me I cannot move geographically. He gave me the available options

1. Stick with the same job and continue the GC.
2. Take up the consulting job and apply for a new GC for the consulting position with the same company.
3. Move abroad and have the GC process continue with consular process. But told this is a risky one as the company should prove the position still exists.

First option won't work as my company can't pay me anymore but willing to help in my immigration issues.

Second option looks OK. But still thinking about it.

Third option is risky.

Apart from this three options is there any other option available? Is there a possibility of H1B transfer at the 7th year? I am getting some offers but they want me to hire full time instead of contract.

Please give me some inputs as the time is running out.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Sathy :confused: