• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Were the real failures in Green Map of possession of marijuana for the articles.

moldova power

Registered Users (C)
Good day everyone, I also like you'm lucky and won the first time in the lottery, even though my room is very large 47 ***, and I played from Moldova, I'm pretty sure that I will go to the interview. And now the very essence of the issue is the poor, the fact that I was a judge suspended for 1 year in 2012 for possession of 7.28 grams of marijuana is not for sale, wherever I read it I was told that one hundred percent denied an immigrant visa, it is very interesting to read the posts on the forum experts on my problem well and to understand whether it is worth going to the interview.

In advance thank you all for criticism and buzzwords.

Ok, I think you've used some kind of web translation tool but from what I can gather you were convicted of marijuana possession last year. I don't know enough about how seriously the US regards possession of a drug that is legal in a few states (assuming it was a possession and not a dealing charge which I think is what you were trying to say), but it does mean you won't have a clean police record and that could certainly be a problem. Maybe someone who knows of similar cases could chip in - but it may be worth contacting KCC or the embassy you'll be processed at to ask them advice - after all it's not like you'll be able to hide it, so you may as well find out upfront if it would disqualify you rather than go through all the hassle and expense of getting documents, medicals etc only to be denied at interview.

Possession of a controlled substance will render you inadmissible, but there are a couple of exceptions:

...either (1) the alien was under 18 at the time of the offense and it was more than 5 years before the date of admission to the US, or (2) the maximum penalty for the offense was one year or less and alien was actually sentenced to 6 months or less.

Because you were sentenced to one year in prison (albeit suspended), you are inadmissible as the sentence is longer than six months. Unless you committed it before you were 18 and it happened more than 5 years ago, you can't get a visa.