Were do I go from here???

waiting42long

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
Not sure this is the right thread where I should be posting this but, I wanted to share and get advice from you on one of my on going experience with my employer. My situation is I have an approved 140 and I applied for my 485 almost a year ago. so far so good ! and now starts the story.

My employer says I have been terminated from the company a while ago almost 2 or 3 months back (I don't know that I got terminated until a couple of days ago !!!) and most important thing here is after he terminated me (according to his saying) he signed a client agreement for my current project, receiving the time sheets from me and already billed the client once !!!!. This termination happened almost very close to my 140 approval. I would say a month before my 140 got approved and fortunately for me he didn't inform the INS about my termination until today and my 140 got approved.

Now, what are all my options? Can my 140 be revoked? I'm sure there are some rules for employer even in this free nation. Please advice. I getting so sick with my employer that I can't express in words. What do I do now? There are so many question in my mind and so much confusion that I can't say.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange story

It is strange that you were fired and you were not informed and you did not know.

In any case if I140 is approved and I-485 is pending for more than 180 days-> the employer can not withdraw the I140. So you would be safe. The fact that you were terminated before 140 was approved should not come into the picture.
So you should be good. Merry Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some relief

Thank you sb_tiger, I should say I'm feeling much better now. If anybody has any of such experiences or thoughts please share them.

Thank you