went for interim EAD, got Grean Card Stamp (no typo)

RAGJADA

Registered Users (C)
Yester day was one of the best day\'s of my life in USA.

I applied for my 3rd EAD (nd 6/01/01) did not receive the EAD card yet. Went to San Antonio along with my wife ( She also works) for interim EAD. My lawyer received a RFE for my wife EAD as there was a mistake in her birth date. We reached san antonio about 9:00 AM went to front desk and explied our need for interim EAD. he gave us the EAD form with a token number. After waiting for about 15 minutes we went to see a officer. I explined her my case, my went to next window to a different officer at the same time. my officer checked my status on EAd and told me she can not issue a EAD as it has been maild already. she asked me to come back on 9/25/01 if i do not receive by then (my current ead expires on 9/26/01). I asked her if she can check my 485 status as i know it was assigned to an officer on 8/30/01. she checked and said mine was approve on 9/15/01. I requested her if she can stamp my passport as it will sava trip for me, she thought for a minute and said ok i am nice enough to do that for you. then she said don\'t you like to come to san antonio. i loughed and said not that but i have to take a leave again. Any way I got stamped, she took my I-94 and took my finger print on two forms.

MY wife\'s officer looked at her case and her\'s was not approved so he gave her interim card with a one year validity. her ead not approved due to RFE.

As I mentioned before my cong men office pushed my case. I contacted them about 1 month back.

my details
pd 5/98
nd 9/99
fp 6/00
AD 9/15/01
stamped on 9/18/01
eb3
tsc
india

interim EAD

Hi, Ragjada,

If the receipts are lost (INS refuses to resend the receipts), could I get an interim EAD with only receipts # instead of the original receipts? Thank you very much.

Cathy