Welcome to Fast I-140 Processing But No I-485

Niceone2004

Registered Users (C)
Accoring to last Memo published by USCIS NO more concurrent adjudication of concurrently filed I-140/I485- See Link below:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/VisaRegrssn122904.pdf

This is a wonderful news in a number of respects, particularly for the customers of Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center which have been adhering to the concurrent adjudication policy unlike VSC and CSC. Firstly, the adjudication of I-140 petition will start moving on as they are now freed from the state of hostage from concurrently filed I-485 application processings. Secondly, since it has decided to adjudicate I-140 independently as separate from the concurrently filed I-485 applications, people may witness some improvement in I-140 processing times, helping those who need to change employment under AC 21 180-day rule.

Good Luck Every One and Happy New Year :rolleyes:
PD 2001
I140 RD Jan 2004
I485 RD May 2004

I won't beleive this memo until i see the results from NSC. As of now, no approvals today yet, i guess NSC folks not back from holidays.

NSC has been slowest and hopefully we should see 140 dates move fast atleast in next 2-3 months :confused:

It seems TSC is still approving I-485 cases with PD: May & June 2002 cases as of today. In other words, TSC is working on I-485 cases after Jan. 2002.
That means retrogression is not implemented fully in all service centers yet?

hopeofgc said:
It seems TSC is still approving I-485 cases with PD: May & June 2002 cases as of today. In other words, TSC is working on I-485 cases after Jan. 2002.
That means retrogression is not implemented fully in all service centers yet?

hope of gc, where did you read that TSC is approving cases with PD May 2002?

May be I see the whole thing is not that wonderful. Just think of persons like us who have concurrent appications pending for last 14-16 months, only hoping that their I-140 & 485 will be almost concurrently approved. Now this memo says that our applications will not be concurrently processed.

We feel let down, because probably our I-140 will be approved soon but our 485 will take another year or two, who can say.

planet3rd

i'm in the same boat. but right now i only hope 140 to be approved so i can use ac21. try to think this way, it won't be a huge difference between ac 21 and the gc cause you can change your employer or take a long vacation legally. there are so many things we can't decide, it's no use to be upset.

140&485 ND 11/25/03
EAD AD 1/2004
FP done in 5/2004
Waiting...

Plans for I-140 backlogs

I heard today that NSC put a plan to reduce I-140 backlog by mid of 2005 and to go back to normal processing time (180 days) by that time.
My friend told me that and I don't know how true this informations but let's hope and wait... :( .

Just got the breaking news from Shusterman.com That Tom Lantos of (D-CA) has introduced Health Improvement and Professionals act to recapture the unused visa numbers lost between 2001 to 2004 (H.R 139). Hope this pasees all the hurdles and becomes law.

Don't want to sound pessimistic but this article talks about removing the visa restrictions on foreign nurses. Unless there is a clause to use the left over visas for "nursing profession", they would be used up by applicants with other professions such as IT.

If the law is passed, I believe it would have a clause to that effect.
BTW, if you are wondering, I am a software engineer.