Welcome Letter Received

nickkoll

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I received an email from CRIS yesterday evening (Friday) that they have mailed the welcome letter and today I received the welcome letter in the mail. :) After my interview I was looking through the other people approved and somehow figured I will receive my name check results around April 1st. :D (75 days from the date the RFE response was received provided everything goes ok with name check).

I have a quick question - I am traveling to India in a week, and I don't think I will receive the card by then. When I come back into US, should I go into the permanent residents line or visitors line. I am planning to taking my welcome letter with me, I also have the AP and my H1 is still valid. Anything else I could do to avoid any surprises while coming back?

10/30/2006 - RD
11/06/2006 - RFE (Birth Certificate)
01/16/2007 - Response to RFE received
01/19/2007 - Advance Parole Approved
01/24/2007 - EAD approved
01/29/2007 - Interview notice received
03/01/2007 - Interview done - Name check pending
04/07/2007 - Welcome letter received in the mail

Congrats. Did you receive card production email? I got welcome letter mail on April 3 but have not received card production mail yet

Your H-1 is no longer valid. I believe your AP is no longer valid as well. You shouldn't travel until you get your card. Your welcome letter won't get you into the USA.

EDIT: I just noticed you're the same person I replied to earlier saying this. I take it you're going to keep asking this question until you find someone who tells you what you want to hear?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. Did you receive card production email? I got welcome letter mail on April 3 but have not received card production mail yet

Thanks Rich. No, I have not received card production email yet, it could be mostly because of the weekend. I might get it sometime next week.