welcome letter received, how long until receipt of actual GC?

ateganda29

Registered Users (C)
hello everyone! my husband just received his welcome letter in the mail yesterday -- woohoo!! from your experience, how long does it usually take from the time the welcome letter arrived until he receives his actual GC? thanks in advance!

From reading a lot of people's timeline, seems like can be from couple of days,like 3-4 days to 1 months :eek:

Sorry, it doesn't seems help you, but really, I just sit here and read around.Found a lot of people got delated a lot for some werid reason. Lost mail, mail box have no name, change of postman....blablabla.... :eek:

but dont' worry, welcome notice is a good sign, it will be there soon I am sure :D

If you got the "Card was ordered" email then it should be in the next week or so from reading other people's experiences.

I'll tell you when I get mine, I got the "card was ordered" email yesterday. :D

thanks for the replies. yes, i got 'card was ordered' email yesterday (11/29) saying that they ordered my husband's card on 11/28. so i'm hoping that it'll be real soon. thanks for your feedbacks again.

Read my timeline. U can't get an accurate prediction though...just keep ur fingers crossed. Yeah I played that game too...watching and deducing from other folks' timelines...all things held constant u get ur card within 10 days of it being "ordered'...it's usually within 8 days but I threw in two days to satisfy the margin of error.

There are exceptions though...including but not limited to mailman losing ur mail, mistakenly throwing it out, USCIS being well..USCIS, ur dog eating up ur mail and so on and so forth.

Relax and have fun.