WEIRD---Wife's case transferred to Detroit but we live in Milwaukee

arch73

Registered Users (C)
This is weird. My wife and I live in Milwaukee, WI. Never been to Detroit in our life. My I-485 case was approved on September 30, 04 and wife's case is transferred to Detroit on Oct 6, 04 instead of Milwaukee, WI.

Anyone in the same boat or know what may be going on here? Do we need to write to detroit office to move the case to Milwaukee

Please advise.

Have you filed through Lawyer who is from Detroit?? Since system finds local offce from your address. if you have receipt notice with lawyers address then it might happen

Case transferred back to Milwaukee

It was a mistake by NSC. They sent it to Detroit instead of Milwaukee. I had to call detroit to transfer the file to Milwaukee. Detroit people were actually NICE. They not only transferred the file but called back to tell me that they are transferring the file!!!!

Wanted to share this with you all in case this happens with another applicant.

Hi there, can you please give me the phone number of detroit ins office where u called and requested them to move ur case. i wanted to find out if my wife's case is with detroit of with NSC.
thx
Amit.

Similar thing happend to me

We live in Phoenix, AZ. Filed 485 in California. Case transferred to Nebraska because my company is UTAH.
Now My wife and kid's applications have been transferred to local office in INDIANAPOLIS, IN and mine is still in Nebraska Service Center.
INDIANAPOLIS processing time is March 2004 and Phoenix is Dec 2002. So I am just waiting to see what happens.

Thanks
Ens

Finally all files are transferred to one place

Hi,

I went to local office phoenix and explained the situation. They requested files from other place and all files are together in phoenix.
thanks