Weird Situation

Smita467

Registered Users (C)
I am new to this immigration portal.
RFE for I-485. In my first medical which was taken in Jan 2006,my doctor didnot mention anything about TB skin test , just mentioned my chest x-ray as -ve. Now i got the RFE why the Skin was not done and to mention the reason and complete it.
My question is

1) Do i need to do all the medical or just answer the query
I checked with Doctors and got different opinions.

2)First time my skin test was +ve so doctor took Chest X-ray which was -ve.
(I guess my skin test was + ve cos of BCG which i took in childhood).
But still i took medication for TB for precaution and am done with it .
Now how can i answer this query.
I will once again take Skin test which will result +ve, and will be sent for Chest x-ray.
Can i mention that Skin test +ve is for childhood BCG and if medication is mentioned will it create any further problem.

Any idea on my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
recently Murthy did report this....that TB Skin test is compulsory for 485's ....if not USCIS is issuing RFE's accordingly...

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_tbtest.html

Usually, lawyers take 1 month to file RFE...I was so pissed ...that dates may go unavailable...I would say, better hurry up and get your lawyer to expedite processing RFE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vow so quick reply. Thanks Banta for your time.
Can also let me know in my case do i need to do once again full medical or just take Skin TB test and Chest X-ray cause that is only is asked.
I dont want to waste time in doing one again everything which will take 1 week.
I am replying RFE by myself as RFE was sent to my address not to my attorney. So i want to send ASAP

Check if the doctor has a record of the skin test and the treatment. Having them send an official letter should clear it up.

Banta and others

Do we need to send Chest X-ray in the sealed envelope to USCIS or only I-693 form in envelope

Banta and others

Do we need to send Chest X-ray in the sealed envelope to USCIS or only I-693 form in envelope

If on RFE, USCIS asked you to send x-ray, then send it. Otherwise doctor's notes on the form are sufficient.

Thanks. The RFE is for skintest . I am sure when i take it,it will be +ve and i have to go for chest-x ray. so i was just wondering whether x-ray to be sent.

You better go for both skin test and chest X ray even though you did your X ray done earlier. Play safe game.

Thanks. The RFE is for skintest . I am sure when i take it,it will be +ve and i have to go for chest-x ray. so i was just wondering whether x-ray to be sent.

I don't think so you have to send x-ray to USCIS. Doctor will put his/her findings regarding x-ray on the form. And you will get sealed envelop from the doctor and that is the package USCIS need. Still you can ask doctor if USCIS needs xrays.

Letter from the Doctor

Hi Smita467,

I went to my PCP for a skin test and he didn't want to do it since if I am positive once, I will be positive for ever, so he did not take the skin test.

When I went to my medicals, that doctor had this dillemma too but she took it anyway and it came out positive and she sent them to CIS.

In your case, get a letter from doctor telling it why it is useless with BCG's and other reasons, and if your lawer thinks it delays the case, do it again and send it. It is not harmful anyway.

R, Man

My skin test has always been positive too and my doctor didn't even want to listen to me, he just took the test because according to him "they will delay it if you don't take it and will ask for it anyways". Just take the test, even if it's positive, they need to see that you took it. Simple as that.