weird RFE, please respond and help!!!

gaotian

Registered Users (C)
I got the rfe. It is marriage certificate. I submitted marriage certificate at the first place, but ins said that it is not marriage certificate, it is just marriage application. what a weired understanding. I came from china. The one I submitted is a copy of my official marriage certificate and the only one I need and only one I have. What is INS looking for? Please respond and help if you have any ideas!!!

get an affidavit from your parents and her parents and send couple marriage photographs. Does that had China governmen seal..??

gaotian said:
I got the rfe. It is marriage certificate. I submitted marriage certificate at the first place, but ins said that it is not marriage certificate, it is just marriage application. what a weired understanding. I came from china. The one I submitted is a copy of my official marriage certificate and the only one I need and only one I have. What is INS looking for? Please respond and help if you have any ideas!!!

what's your wac #?

gaotian said:

Did you have the marriage certificate translated and notoarized? The notarization from China should work, at least it worked in my case.

thanks everyone.

i talked to Embassy Of China. They do not have this service. I also talked with various parties, it seems no one works. At last i think that Wittaaaa's way is the only way to do it. Wittaaaa, would you please tell me the process? how did you do it. Is that 1). get notorized documents to prove that i am married. 2) Translate marriage certificate to english and to say this is marriage certificate. Thanks. By the way my # is wac02-120 March/02.

get yourself a notarized copy from China

You need to get a notarized version of your marriage certificate
from China. This was what we did when we got our I485 approved.

-f

gaotian said:

Ask any Lawyers(Chinese language speaking) to verify it for you and notorize it.
This is what we do.

thanks rough and forfo

Rough: that is what my lawer did, but INS said it is just marriage application. Weired.

Forfo: Would you please explain a little bit what do you mean "You need to get a notarized version of your marriage certificate
from China
"? Is this just a notorized documentation to state that i was married with my spouse bababa ...... like notorized birth certificate which actully is not a birth certificate at all?

gaotian said:
Rough: that is what my lawer did, but INS said it is just marriage application. Weired.

Forfo: Would you please explain a little bit what do you mean "You need to get a notarized version of your marriage certificate
from China
"? Is this just a notorized documentation to state that i was married with my spouse bababa ...... like notorized birth certificate which actully is not a birth certificate at all?

Gaotian,
yeah. notorized birth certificate actully is not a birth certificate at all. And, marriage certificate is usually copied and translated and with a notarization saying the copy and translation is true.
I think you have already done correctly. Just write a letter and state the facts again to USCIS. Good luck.