Weird passport stamping experience

kashman001

Registered Users (C)
HI Guys,
Me and my wife just got our passports stamped on Friday 12th Nov '04, at the San Antonio,TX office. We had scheduled an appointment through info pass and got called for stamping fairly soon after our scheduled time. The IIO asked me a bunch of simple questions e.g. where do you work, ask about EADs and APs. When I went to get my finger prints and provide signature for GC, the IIO said he noticed my hand was shaking a little, so he enquired as to why, it was probably because I had been carrying our son for long time as my wife was doing her stamping. I just said I did not noticed it and asked if everything was fine, so I said yes. Anyways my wife got her passport stamped and back immediately as for me the IIO dealing with me did not return my passport. I therefore enquired what was going on, he mentioned he had sent an enquiry upstairs to check out something. So we waited and in the mean time I asked him if there was something wrong (I mean the case was fairly straight forward and we had the I-485 approval, all security checks and everything should have cleared), he just said that he was waiting for reponse from upstairs (there are immigration officers upstairs). Eventually after 1.5 hours he stamped the passport and gave it back to me.
Did anyone else have a similar experience, i.e. some checking after fingerprinting?
I also noticed that in my wife's passport the IIO had placed her stamp (i.e. stamp identifying the IIO) and signature (in addition to I-551 stamp). In my passport the IIO just wrote down (in addition to the I-551 stamp) something like:
SNA DHF IIO NOV 12 2004

I did not see his signature or name. Did anyone else also get a similar stamp?

I think I have similar stamp also. It should be normal. DHF is the name of the person who stamped your passport. Good Luck.