Weird: no FP for 6 months, case # cannot be found on USCIS web site

aak3058

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am getting more and more frustrated with my situation. I have sent I-485 for me and my wife (as dependent) in November, 2006. In December, she's got her FP notice. The case # assigned for her application, can be located through uscic.gov. So, her case seems to be well on track. The weird stuff is going with my case. I still haven't got my FP notice, nether can I find my case through uscis.gov.
I called them several times. The replies are 'It is okay, some cases are not visible at uscis.gov, don't worry we see your case in our system'. They say that FP notice can take any time (1-2 years?), so I shouldn't worry about it as well. Strangely, I have learned from them that there are 2 security checks - in the beginning (before FP notice is issued) and in the end. So they say 'there is nothing to worry about - most likely, you are simply stuck at the first security check'.
Have anyone heard about situations like mine? What does this mean? Is my case effectively lost or sent to some pile for a couple of years before they even look at it?

Thanks a lot for your input!

I have the same issue on the USCIS.GOV website. I can't find information about my case on the site. BUT rest assured that does not matter. If you call USCIS Customer Service they will be able to pull out the information and give you updates....however if they don't / can't find the inforamtion you should appoach your Lawyer to have them put a query.

Don't worry man...all that does it screw up your health...there are people who have been waiting since 2001!