We have to write our Congressperson!!!

alanpero

Registered Users (C)
This topic has been posted several times and I am going to insist once again. We have to write our Congressperson and ask them to support, cosponsor and promote approval of Bills HR 1560 and/or S 1311.
I got a phone call from my Congressperson, and to my surprise HR 1560 and S 1311 are not dead yet. We still have a chance that the numerical limitation for Resident Visas for asylees be increased or eliminated and included within the reform of the INS.
Communicate to them via fax or e-mail preferably, send communications to the different offices they might have.
The worst thing could happen is not get any response, but if we don\'t let them know our problem how we can expect any change. There is nothing to lose, please do it again if you have already done; otherwise, we will be here complaining forever. Thanks

No Title

Totally agree. Sometimes you\'ll be surprised by what you can do to make things better. I\'m going to do it and I hope most asylees will do this also.

Just want to discuss about the good reasons for eliminating the quota. I can think a few:

1) Delay the integration of future citizens into the society. Frustrate them.

2) Unnecessary waste of resources on both the asylees and government\'s sides. Multiple EAD, RTD, FP etc wastes money and manpower.

3) Quota is unnecessary. Most asylee will become permanent residents sooner or later. There is not any benefit to delay it.

What are other good reasons?