We Did It!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonjakrabetz

Registered Users (C)
We just came back from our 2nd interview (SF) and believe it or not, we got approved. The officer was super nice and looked at our 2 suitcases we brought with evidences and just asked general questions. (Most of the tim e he talked about bikes with Ely, since he was about to buy one ). The interview wasn't longer than 15 minutes and he just looked at our pics. Ely's mom and brother came along (waiting outside ), the lawyer and we had a good feeling right from the beginning. He wanted to stamp my assport right away, but it had been expired. I cried ( of course ) when he said he approved and I couldn't belive that all the stress we went through was over now. We didn't change our living situation, regardless of what others recommended. Our lawyer belived in us, and we felt good about being honest at all times. The officer just asked how we live, if we went on vacation, when I came to the US the last time, occupation and was looking at wedding pics.

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!!!! Paddy, Ari, REX and countless other helpful people. All we have to say is, stick to the truth!!!!! It pays off.
Couldn't be happier and have champagne now....

Good luck to everyone and please don't hesitate if you have questions, or need help.
Sonja + Ely

Hoooray!!!! :D So happy for you!!
CONGRATULATIONS to the two of you!
Daumen drücken hilft also immer noch... :D :D

Have a great night you guys and celebrate! :)

USCIS processing time table

I just found out that USCIS processing time has passed my filing date and i do now have any updates yet. what should i do?
:confused:

whatdoyouknow said:
I just found out that USCIS processing time has passed my filing date and i do now have any updates yet. what should i do?
:confused:

You probably wanted to start your own thread. Good luck

Sonja & Ely

Ich freue mich ganz doll fuer Euch. Es hat sich gelohnt, bei der Wahrheit zu bleiben. Wahre Liebe braucht keine Luegen !!!

I'm so happy for you guys. Let's stay in contact and have a big party later :D

Rex

Hey Sonja!

Ich freue mich so!

What did you mean about your living situation, were you guys living apart and is that why they made you go back for a second interview?

Either way, super happy for you. Now just have to wait another year and 9 months, and you'll never have to deal with the paperwork again! (ok, maybe you will sometimes, but not like this!).

Viel Glück!!

I wished you on the other thread, but what the heck, i will wish you again :) CONGRATS! Big party!!!! woohooo...

Congrats, Sonja! Enjoy!!! :)

I've been following your process and wanted it to work out for you this time at least. Thanks for sharing the great news with us.

So they didn't separate you on the second interview?

I'm waiting for my second interview as well, but we live together.
Our drives licences on different addreses and that was a big problem on the first interview, because our background check showed different residences:-(

Was it a different IO then the first time?

Thank you I'm very nervious.

kaktus said:
So they didn't separate you on the second interview?

I'm waiting for my second interview as well, but we live together.
Our drives licences on different addreses and that was a big problem on the first interview, because our background check showed different residences:-(

Was it a different IO then the first time?

Thank you I'm very nervious.

First of all CONGRATS to sonjakrabetz. We are in some sort of similar situation and the fact that you guys got sent to the second interview is not very encouraging. I am still in grad school (have another semester) and my wife USC has just graduated from her grad school that is in another state. She is a resident of NC as well as I am and technically our perm address is in NC, however since she want to school in MD, that's where we lived since we got married, but I will move back down to NC and she will probably stay in MD in September (she still has a lease and her job is there as well)...So here is the question - our driver's licences show the same address in NC, however our joint mailing address (where utility bills, joing bank statement, life insuarnce etc) will be a different address, since we both lived in MD (just for the summer, since we got married)...is that something that will be a problem??

pvkby, your story is still different from Sonja's. Sonja didn't live with her husband even though they lived in the same city. That raised a red flag. You guys don't live together because your schools are in different states. Just collect a lot of proof of relationship, including train or plane tickets from when you visit each other, phone bills, where they can see you call each other... etc.
I read about a lot of people in your situation and they were fine.
Good luck to you! :)