Was not selected in this year's H1-B lottery. Can I apply for O-1 now?

RobDunnam

Hi! I sadly just found out that my H1B application was not selected for the lottery. I'm a graphic designer and work on a field where it requires a specific skill level. I found out about O-1 and it's very likely that I'm eligible for it. Can I apply now or do I have to wait for a year before trying a different visa?
I'm also a bit concerned that I only got a notification from the lawyer saying that my application was not selected this week. Does my 60-day grace period starts now or they for sure received the notification in early April and my time is almost running out?
Please let me know if anyone can help with these questions. Any additional information regarding O-1 visa application for graphic designers will be really appreciated.

Thank you!

If you meet the requirements to apply for O-1 , you may apply. The eligibility criteria is give here.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Hi! I sadly just found out that my H1B application was not selected for the lottery. I'm a graphic designer and work on a field where it requires a specific skill level. I found out about O-1 and it's very likely that I'm eligible for it. Can I apply now or do I have to wait for a year before trying a different visa?
I'm also a bit concerned that I only got a notification from the lawyer saying that my application was not selected this week. Does my 60-day grace period starts now or they for sure received the notification in early April and my time is almost running out?
Please let me know if anyone can help with these questions. Any additional information regarding O-1 visa application for graphic designers will be really appreciated.

Thank you!