Was approved last week 7/19

Solly

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was approved last week, as I posted my information for you guys RD 8/27/01, FP 12/27/01. I got the stamp yesterday.
Now since my 485 was filed through the employer am I free from my employer now? There are signs of layoffs in the company let's say If God forbid I got layed off or I want to change job for any reason will my GC be revoked by the employer specially that I have a pain in the Butt HR?
I heared from some people that I have to stay working for that employer at least 6-12 month is that true?
Will you guys please inlight me so I can complete my happiness.
Thank you all again
Regards,
Solly

you're FREE

Actually, there is no such time limit. When you get GC, you are expected to work for that employer forever! Practically, the 6-12 months period was considered safe as during that time many things may change to force you to change the employer. now with Ac21, government has given a 'hint' that 6 months is a good enough time to switch employer.

in your case though, since you have got the GC, you are as such free to change jobs. IF you have worked for 6 months for your employer it is even a better situation. Normally, if you leave the co. (especially when the layoff are imminent) employers do not create any problems going ahead to tell the INS that you have left them.

In short, you are free with the GC. You are free to change employers. If you switch jobs, still be careful not to switch the type of jobs, at least until for some years (or may be until the citizenship) to avoid any possible problems.