Warning: J visa waiver process has become very slow!!

disha12

Registered Users (C)
I called up DOS and they said that the entire j waiver process has slowed down because of lots of pending cases. She also told me that since so many ppl. are applying for j waiver, DOS does not approve of such cases nowadays.
It is also taking longer to update the website information.Any insights on this issue.Please share.

Not true. I got it approved on the same day (May 27th, 2006) they received No Objection letter from embassy. They sent the recommendation on the same day too.

so which day did you get the paper favorable recommendation letter from DOS? and which day did you get anything from USCIS?
Thanks!!!

nanodude said:
Not true. I got it approved on the same day (May 27th, 2006) they received No Objection letter from embassy. They sent the recommendation on the same day too.

My No Objection Statement was sent from Indian Embassy, Washington on July 13th 2006. DOS website says it received it on 25th July 2006. Favourable Recommendation sent on 27th July 2006.

piyush204 said:
My No Objection Statement was sent from Indian Embassy, Washington on July 13th 2006. DOS website says it received it on 25th July 2006. Favourable Recommendation sent on 27th July 2006.

I sent in all my stuff to DOS about 10 days ago, Embassy sent the No Objection letter to them about a week ago, still no record found on their website....how long does it normally take for them to enter it in the system?
thanks

Piyush 204,

Did you have to go through sponsor's views stage. Because that is the stage which takes the most time. I am still at the sponsor's views stage when my sponsor has already sent the favourable recommendation to DOS on June 6th.
I dont know what they are doing with my documents!!!!!!!

disha12 said:
Piyush 204,

Did you have to go through sponsor's views stage. Because that is the stage which takes the most time. I am still at the sponsor's views stage when my sponsor has already sent the favourable recommendation to DOS on June 6th.
I dont know what they are doing with my documents!!!!!!!

I don't need sponsor's view...it's based on No Objection. The whole process shouldn't take more then a few days after they received my N.O. letter.
Thanks

disha12
I do not know whether a sponsor's view is mandatory or not. Reading from the posts here, I expected DoS to ask for sponsor's view. My sponsor is AILF. May be, DoS depending on the sponsor, asks for a sponsor view. AILF had told me that in the last 8 years they have not been asked for a sponsor view. So, I guess, AILF being my sponsor and me funded not at all by US or Indian govt, my waiver case did not require sponsor view.

It took only 3 weeks to get final waiver aproval from USCIS after getting favorable recommendation from DOS. That's quick

nanodude said:
It took only 3 weeks to get final waiver aproval from USCIS after getting favorable recommendation from DOS. That's quick
well, i got my favorable recomm. after 9 days of filing. pretty quick. Now Im just waiting on USCIS final blessing. 3 weeks...thats not too bad