want to change from CP to AOS

h4waiting4gc

hi folks
i hope that in the next VB my PD will be current. we opted for CP while filing for I-140.
seeing the current scenario we want to go for AOS as it has the benefit of EAD so that my wife can start her residency.
is it possible and how?
PD dec 2004
I-140 approved nov 2006

thanx.

You can always file I-485, but you have to revoke CP before doing that. this is what my attorney had confimred in past. Please check and confirm with yours. It is hard other way, I mean from 485 to CP.

Hope that helps.

DID YOU GOT ANY ANSWER FOR THIS...MY SITUATION IS AS FOLLOWS..

Here is my situation..i got my I-140 approved on Dec 10, 2005 and the application was forwarded to NVC.
On January 19, 2006. request was sent to NVC, 32 Rochester Ave, Portsmouth, NY saying that i wished my application to be processed under adjustment of status and returned to USCIS Center in Nebraska.NVC responded that they will act on the file when his priority date become due(Now the application is still with NVC).
My priority date is APR 2003 and now i am eligible to file I 485 in June 2007. My attorney is telling they can not file my I 485 till NVC send my application to Nebraska.
Please help me on this i need to know

1. If so how many days it will take for NVC to send my application to Nebraska center?
2. is it true i can not file my I 485 in June 2007??

Please help with my questions i will be greatfull to you all.Let me know what your attorney doing...or you got any solution for this problem.