Waiting for plastic from VSC for > 7 months. Anybody else in the same boat?

Poorna Vijay

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My GC was approved July 31, 2001 and got the passport stamped in Manhattan on August 11, 2001. Got a letter January end, asking me to redo the finger prints, still waiting for Plastic card.

Any body else out there in the same predicament?

Thank you

Stamped March 2001.

I got my stamp in March 2001. Got plastic card in May but wife is still waiting and we are planning to get her passport re-stamped later this month.

Call them. It is unusual.

When I called I found out that my file was sent to archive
without ordering the card. After I called, they ordered the file back from the archive (took 1 month). However now they claim that I-89 fingerpint is unreadable !!! So I have to go and resubmit I-89 (6 months later)... Here I go again.

actual green card

got my GC approved and passport stamped in sept 2001 in CT have not received the plastic card yet.Anybody else sailing in the same boat?
JP

No Title

To get it re-stamped what needs to be done. Is passport alone enough?
My wife is waiting for her GC for the last 8 months.

I-89 restamp

Hello Guys,

When I called INS (regular 802 number) they got my file from "somewhere" and then sent me a letter saying that our finger prints are unreadable. My wife and I then went to NYC again and got the I-89 form restamped. Just took the letter from INS and passport and two pictures (each).

Now there is a 800 number (which is quite prompt) which I am supposed to check (after 60 days of restamping).

Thank you

I-89 resubmit

Mine was in Boston. It appears the screwup was up in Vermont. From what I could see the fingerprint on the original I-89 was Ok, I guess they just cover their ass. To resubmit I-89 you need a (blue) letter from Vermont and your passport with original I-551 stamp and 2 green card style photographs (name and A# lightly printed on the back). You need to get a fresh I-89 form with new fingerprint. As usually it took me 3 hours in line for 30 seconds at the counter. Now I guess it will take another 4 months to find out the result - priceless.
P.S. They did not restamp the passport. My I-551 was still valid for 6 months.
P.P.S To find out I called Vermont at 802-527-4913 (as usual...)

802#

Yeah, 802 is pain in the butt. You can get through if you are
persistent enough. It usually takes me ~2 hours of constant redialing
to get in. Some people have suggested calling before 8:00 am (like 7:30) to get the line and then hang around their menu system until after 8:00 am (until workers come to the office) and then dial \'0\' for an officer (I have not tried that). Good luck.