waiting for my kids green card ..any suggestions ?.

kitikee1

Registered Users (C)
when we filed 485s they didn't take the finger prints for my kid. In September our 485s were approved and subsequently my and my wife got the cards.

For my kid also we recieved the notice welcoming the new permanent resident. After that they sent the finger print notice and we went and gave the finger prints (index finger + photo). It has been more than a month and we haven't recieved the card for my kid yet.

If we have to travel outside the country what options do I have.
1) Can we go to the local INS office to get a stamping on the kids passport so that we can travel ?.
2) Can we use his advanced parole which is still valid ?.

thanks

If your kid is under 14, the USCIS requires only the photo and not the finger prints. Send 2 photos to
USCIS/TSC
Attn: Data Entry/Photo
PO Box No. 850997
Mesquite - Tx 75185-0997
Just mention in the covering letter as follows:
As my son, <your kids name>, is under 14 years of age, I am enclosing his 2 Passport size photographs for his Permanent Resident Card.

Contents include:
1) 2 Photos
2) Photocopy of my son’s I-485 Approval Notice

send it by Express mail with signature required option. You will get your kid's GC within 10 to 12 days. These instructions were given by an IO when I called the USCIS/TSC for my son's GC and I followed it and got the GC for my son.

Good Luck!

If your kid's 485 has been approved....You can file a G-731 for status inquiry on the permanent resident card....

Or one can open a Service Request with USCIS to check on the status...