Waiting for Interview notice. Want to travel outside US

hjayadev

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
       Please post your experience about travelling on AP and what kind of documents needed to re-enter the country. My case has been transferred to LA office for further interviews on 3/23/01. Also my passport doesn\'t have a VISA stamp because Indian consulate lost my original passport (at renewal time) and issued a new one. Does this pose a danger at port of entry.

EB3 India PD - 9/95 ND - 10/20/00 FP - 2/9/01.

Thanks in advance

No Title

Just need one document called advance payroll , which mentions that u are temprarily going out and will be allowed to re-enter upon showing that document to the officer at port of entry.

Now at port of entry, such type of cases are dealt differently(maybe depends on different ports.. not sure).. so they may take a person to a separate room, where a person has to wait for a while till the officer varifies all the records.(waiting in this room depends how many ppl are in front of you..can be an hour, so your baggage is taken off the belt for you and kept separately).Along with your AP document,they ask for identification, social security card (a driver license is good). Thats all !!!

The advance Payroll document may also be needed at places where you may halt for a change of flight to US and they want to check your passport etc. Just this document is enuff with ur passport which may not have a visa or visa which had expired .

No Title

mke23,
>>>>Now at port of entry, such type of cases are dealt differently(maybe depends on different ports.. not sure)

hjayadev,
I us the AP re-entry US at April 4 2001.
here is what I learn:

1. When you came back to US, you need show your AP at airport when you ckeck in your air ticket ( The airline need to make sure that you can legal enter US)

2. You need fill the new I-94 again before you enter US.

3. Show AP document and the extra copy to INS people when you enter US.

4. 80%, they will asking you going to secondary INS office. (Because they do not have right stamp with them)

5. they will put stamp in your passport and the AP document then write "AOS" (adjust of status) inside that stamp.

6. remember get your AP doucment back, you can reuse it when you want leave US again.

Holp that help.

I post that at diff chat room : Employment Authorization and Advance Parole and teh topic I post is "question about using Ap travel:

Good luck