Waiting for EAD Approval - Help Please

harleyDavidson

Registered Users (C)
I am waiting for my EAD approval since Mar '03. Spouse's EAD got approved in Jul '03.
My question is why this long waiting....normal process for EAD is 90 to 120 days.
I know I can go to local INS and get an IEAD. But I dont need that right now, as I am going to maintain H1 status. Any suggestions please?

I-765 - LIN0311******
RD 03/03/03
RFE sent July 9 (Color copy of passport and DL)
AD (?????)

Thanks for the reply Jay. Is it helpful calling the 800 number? I see in this forum there are lot of people wont get any proper response from IIOs. Anyway I will try now and update.....

I'm in the same boat. Mine and wife's EAD has been pending since Apr, 03. We contacted 800 number. They are going send an inquiry. I am not sure if this is helpful but atleast I hope it will make someone look into our cases.

other option is to go to local INS office with your receipt notice and send a written enquiry. Try doing that too. You may also want to mention on the written enquiry form that on such and such day you had called the 800 number and they had promised to send an enquiry but nothing happened.

I myself have never sent a written enquiry, so am not too sure how much you can ask or how much info you can provide on it. But try that option too.