Waiting for approved EAD card, H1-B expiring

Chandrav

Hi

My H1-B expires the end of this month. I had applied for EAD, the automated message says it was approved on Nov. 20th and will take 60 to 90 days for the card. What happens if I do not get the card by the end of this month? Do I have to stop working?

thanks

No Title

I am in the same boat. My lawyer called INS and was told the scanning machine for EAD card does not work, so nobody got EAD card.

I don\'t know if I can continue working after H1 expires without EAD. Mine was approved in Oct.

No Title

If you don\'t get your EAD before the H1 expires, you\'ll have to stop working till it arrives. You can, however, continue to remain in the country. On the other hand, if your employer is willing to look the other way, you can simply continue working - because since your EAD has been approved, your card will indicate that it is in affect from November 20th, and so you should have been able to use it from that date. In any case, as the end of this month is 6 weeks from your approval date, you should get the card before the end of th month - it usually takes 3-4 weeks from approval to receive the card.

No Title

Hi,
We had the same problem for my wife. I went to local INS and got EAD for full one year.Of course our case was not approved. You can get from local INS and get EAD if you filed and waiting for more than 90 days.
A friend of mine after approval he did not receive the card. He called IIO VSC and got the EAD number and started working. He got the card after a month.
bye

No Title

If you haven\'t changed jobs(i mean if you are still with the sponsoring employer), you don\'t have to stop working, if you have applied for EAD well in advance (i mean like 2 months in advance).
My H1 expired last month and am still working with my sponsoring employer. What my lawyer said was if you have applied for EAD in advance, you dont need to stop working until you get the EAD. But, you are still in status.

It has been 3 months for me since i applied for one and i didn\'t get it yet.

No Title

You do not have to stop working. Your EAD is approved as of that date. So you should be able to use it as of the approval date. You just do not have the EAD card in hand. If your employer asks, show him your receipt notice and ask him to call INS automated system and listen to the message. If he wants he can also talk to an IIO. But there is nothing to worry for you if your employer lets you work with approval (as per automated system).

No Title

Hi. We recently filed for our I-485 and EAD. But
my H1B and my dependents H4 visas our about to expire.

Does that mean I don\'t need to renew our H1B and H4
visas because we already applied for EAD (and just hope
to get an appoval on this). Also, my wife applied for
EAD.

Thank you.

GMC

No Title

My wife received her EAD card today. Her case was approved 10/21. My EAD was approved the same day but I am still waiting for my card.

My H1 expires Jan 1. I think my card will arrive next week. If I do not receive the card next week I will go to my local INS to request a interim card.