Waited 12mos so far for FBI name check PLEASE HELP!!!

Edd224

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm starting to worry about the status of my green card application. My wife and I got married July 2001 we filed November 2001 have renewed travel and work permits every year.. had our final interview november 2003 and was told not to worry, the name check will come shortly from the FBI.

During the last 12 months, I've had our lawyers talk to the local CIS office, I've written letters requesting information. I've down in person to ask for information, and all they say is there is nothing to do but wait as my case is pending.

During the interview the officer gave me the local office private number and said to call if any problems come up. But now he said he shouldn't have done that and all they can tell me is the case is pending.

Our lawyers have now left town, i filed my latest work authorization myself, but what can i do?

Should i contact the congressman, the FBI, continue going to the local office and being told to go home because nothing can be done?

My residency status is preventing me from getting student loans for the graduate program i started this fall, and it's really worrying..

PLEASE HELP ME!

What can I do?

Thanks

Edd.

Edd ...

This is not the case with you only , my brother in law faced similar situation in 2002-03 and had to wait more than a year before his background name check was done with FBI. FBI is relatively very slow compared to anyother federal agency (i.e my observation). probably they taking more time rounding up other things and your case/file may have been in status quo situation (Period)
My Recommendation is the same as your first option u mentioned , Contact local senator/congressman with letters, prove of evidence, and even possible walk in person , thats what bro in law did . Good luck

Edd224 said:
Hi,

I'm starting to worry about the status of my green card application. My wife and I got married July 2001 we filed November 2001 have renewed travel and work permits every year.. had our final interview november 2003 and was told not to worry, the name check will come shortly from the FBI.

During the last 12 months, I've had our lawyers talk to the local CIS office, I've written letters requesting information. I've down in person to ask for information, and all they say is there is nothing to do but wait as my case is pending.

During the interview the officer gave me the local office private number and said to call if any problems come up. But now he said he shouldn't have done that and all they can tell me is the case is pending.

Our lawyers have now left town, i filed my latest work authorization myself, but what can i do?

Should i contact the congressman, the FBI, continue going to the local office and being told to go home because nothing can be done?

My residency status is preventing me from getting student loans for the graduate program i started this fall, and it's really worrying..

PLEASE HELP ME!

What can I do?

Thanks

Edd.

This is really sad and frustrationg.
check out this thread and a pdf file attached in it. It will give you the path to deal with this kind of problem.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848
Good Luck

yes I would also say call up your local congressman

ask to speak to the case worker who handles immigration issues.

Ahhhh the waiting...

Well, let me tell you that you may be in for a longer wait. I filed at the Arlington, VA office.

I had my interview in February 2003 and like you, I was told that we were fine (my wife and I had been married for 6 years at that point). We were told that the name check would take 3-6 months.

By the time it got around to having to renew my EAD, I had my local congressmans office try to push them, but had no joy. (as an aside, I used the e-filing to get my EAD - a very slick operation for the INS that!). The immigration caseworker at the congressmans office was somewhat confused, and suggested that there was something 'wrong' because 'it normally didn't take this long' - that really bolstered my confidence...

So now, with another EAD renewal on the horizon, and almost 2 years after my interview, I've given up chasing it. I figure that if they keep giving me EAD's, then my case can't be denied... so next week, I'll be e-filing for my replacement EAD.

I figure that either the green card will show up, or I'll get my 15 days to leave... either way, I'm not wasting any more effort on trying to pursue a government agency that really just doesn't care...

Try this.

:) As long as you have agenuine marriage and everything is OK, NO ARREST RECORDS etc.. call this # 304-625-2406. Ask them if they recieved your fingerprint record and when they sent it to the BCIS center. Then make appt with the center and go in person with the date you placed the call to the FBI and what the result of what they told you was. Do this and see what happens. Very important to remember that if it has been a year since you did fingerprint you will have to send a status inquiry to the service center to see what the case status is, actually send case staus inquiry first then call the # and then follow up on this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not a lawyer for proffesional advise seek the advice of a well qualified immigration attorney.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

kwaru said:
call this # 304-625-2406.

What is this number?
Is it national or for a specific region?
I need a little clarification because most of our case was handles by our lawyers, who as you may or maynot have read have left the state and are no longer pursuing my case.

Thanks
Edd.