ngmg

CIBA … Please update and include me in your Plastic Card Tracking List

Category ---------------------------EB2
PD ---------------------------------03/02/1998
RD ---------------------------------03/12/2001
ND ---------------------------------04/03/2001
AP ---------------------------------05/10/2001
EAD -------------------------------06/12/2001
FP ---------------------------------07/28/2001 (Orig. sch. for 08/14/2001)
485 (Approval Date) ---------08/29/2001
Passport Stamped -----------09/05/2001
WAC #----------------------------01-148-XXXXX

6 Point Guide to follow for Passport Stamping at the INS in San Francisco !!!

1. I live in Fremont (near the BART station) and I highly recommend using BART to reach INS at 630 Sansome Street. Took train at 7.06am and reached Montgomery station at 7.53am. This station is the nearest station to INS which is about a mile from Montgomery BART Station. When you come out of this station look out for Montgomery Street and proceed ahead. Make a right on Bush Street and a left on Sansome Street. Dont get tensed up… just relax. Keep walking on Sansome until you reach Washington. You can easily spot the INS building on your right. Enter the INS through the Sansome Street entrance. Do not be taken aback by the long line at the Washington Street entrance. All these poor souls are also trying to get into INS to solve their immigration issues. Pass the security check point. Take the elevator and reach the 2nd floor. Look for Room No. 200 on your right. Room 200B is within Room 200. Room 200B is closed with a small opening (slot) at the door to drop off the approval notices. Do not knock, just push in your approval notice through the slot and wait to be called.

2. You will be called onto the counter, (usually counter 19) and the officer will collect your a.) passport b.) EAD card c.) Advanced Parole d.)I-94 e.)ADIT styled passport photographs with your name and A# written in pencil at the back. The officer will also ask you to sign on a form at 2 different places and also take your index finger print. He will then ask you to be seated and wait for your name to be called.

3. After a while (usually 30 - 45 min) the INS Officer will call out your name and hand you over the passports duly stamped but cancelling the earlier visa. Look at your passport and confirm everything is correct. Thank God for having helped you get your GC approval and just leave. Dont hang out there showing off that you received your GC to all the other poor souls who are eagerly waiting to get their chance.

4. Take the BART and get back home or to work or spend your day in San Francisco or simply just chill out or maybe even do something that you like to do and have been wanting to do for a long time, but remember…. stay out of trouble and enjoy your freedom.

5. Remember to go to the Social Security Office and re-register for SSN. Inform the official about your approval and complete filling up the form for a new social security card but with the same SSN. Show your SSN card if asked for.

6. After reality strikes you, please post your wonderful experiences at this site and add yourself in CIBA’s plastic card tracking list. Be a help to others just as others have been a help to you.

Lastly, thanks to all the fellow GC aspirants who shared their valuable suggestions and information at this site. Special thanks to Ciba for doing invaluable service by providing a platform to share info. This site and the discussion group is awesome and gives a lot of hope and encouragement to every GC applicant.

PS. Ciba … Please feel free to post this message on your website under Personal Experiences for Passport Stamping at INS in San Francisco... provided you feel its worth

Happy for you Man!

Hey My Wac No is 01-147-51xxx, what is your\'s. If you don\'t mind telling me.

My RD is March 9,01
ND is April 2,01.

Thanks in advance.
snoop

Thanks

Under a year, that is good news. My application was sent out yesterday. So I should expect the receipt in 2 months, right?

new york ... thats true

I think you should get your receipt in about 2.5 to 3 months. As per my lawyer there is a big backlog and they are trying to clean that up.