wages

bmt74 said:
What made you think he can not or should not ?

I meant does it cause any problems since the wages on LCA will be less than what I'll be paid now. So can INS say to the company you underpaid on the LCA; and hence it is invalid?

sertra2002, please clarify:

Let's consider this example:

Labor was approved for "Software Engineer" with a salary of $55,000

After I-140 & EAD approval and 180 days after I-485 approval I switch employers. Which one of the following will cause problems ?

1 )The new employer offers the title "Sr. Software Engineer" with $80,000 salary (just an example for higher salary and title)

2) The new employer offers the title "Jr. Software Engineer" with $50,000 salary (just an example for lower salary and title)

bmt74 said:
sertra2002, please clarify:

Let's consider this example:

Labor was approved for "Software Engineer" with a salary of $55,000

After I-140 & EAD approval and 180 days after I-485 approval I switch employers. Which one of the following will cause problems ?
I am assuming you meant 180 days after I-140 approval and not I-485.

bmt74 said:
1 )The new employer offers the title "Sr. Software Engineer" with $80,000 salary (just an example for higher salary and title)

2) The new employer offers the title "Jr. Software Engineer" with $50,000 salary (just an example for lower salary and title)

Here none shuld be a problem, since you are switching to a same or similar job which is in the same field (SF engineering). Change in salary is also irrelavent as long as you are being paid enough not to be a public charge.

However if you stay with the same employer and want to change designations, I would say do consult yuour lawyer if the change could have a negative affect on your application.

bhoonbhu said:
I meant does it cause any problems since the wages on LCA will be less than what I'll be paid now. So can INS say to the company you underpaid on the LCA; and hence it is invalid?

No, being paid more than what is stated in LCA should not be a problem at all.

Sertra2002, I meant to say "180 days after I-485 filing date". Just for the sake of simplicity, let me just say "after meeting all the requirements of AC-21"

I have taken few raises and also title changes ( promotion ) . My I 140 and I 485 still pending. So are we saying that it will hamper my process. I am with the same company

nelabor said:
Can a Title change when you switch employers ... Programmer Analyst to Technical Lead

This might be too risky, since for AC21, your job has to be in same or similar position. It is a known facts that immigration adjudicators use DOT codes to see if new job is same or similar to job in LC.

workpermit02 said:
I have taken few raises and also title changes ( promotion ) . My I 140 and I 485 still pending. So are we saying that it will hamper my process. I am with the same company

As I said, a raise should not be a problem. Changing titles may or may not be. I will restate what I said in earlier post "do consult yuour lawyer if the change could have a negative affect on your application.".

I am not looking for AC21, I am just wondering whether promotion or raises will make any problem for I 140 and I 485 approval.