Wages Question

agni

Registered Users (C)
All,
I have a question , My wages went down from 72000 to 67000 , but my I-140 states 72000 , i am doing the same job , same responsiblity , working in the same company , but there was a company wide cut which we i accepted , I now have an rfe , will sending a letter with the new reduced wages cause a problem??

Please advise .

Not metion the salary if you can

The RFE for employment mainly want to know you have that employment relationship. You probably had submitted one when you file 485. If you think the 5000 will cause problem, why bother to address it? Anyway 5000 down is not much and you may still in the prevailing range. Ask your attorney.

I am sure they are not asking u salary question....

just send them employment verification letter in very simple english.

saying u are working there....

don't tell what u are not asked specficly.

good luck

keep us update and would be good what did u write in rfe.... so it will help other ppl

don't worry you would be approved.....

P.O.J

With my limited knowledge, your salary should be same or more than what is mentioned in LC - as per one of the lawyer. Generally they put low salary on LC - check your LC.

Salary on I-140 was your salay when you applied for 140 - that is not really relevent. Also 67K is good enough to support the family.

The only sticking point 'may' be salary on LC and that also can be aruged because of market condidtions salaries are gone down.

So I suggest :-

1. Check LC - if your salary is more than LC - there is nothing to worry.

2. If your salary is less than what is in LC - your lawyer or yourself should prepare to justify the lower salary based on current market conditions.

I got this information in a town hall meeting with the lawyer.

But ofcourse ... I am sure you will find the information from official sources too.

Originally posted by agni
All,
I have a question , My wages went down from 72000 to 67000 , but my I-140 states 72000 , i am doing the same job , same responsiblity , working in the same company , but there was a company wide cut which we i accepted , I now have an rfe , will sending a letter with the new reduced wages cause a problem??

Please advise .

AGNI

To substantiate what "Toolongawait" has written, LC is for a job as classified in the state and each of those jobs have a reasonable / market / prevailing wages. With the job category mentioned in your LC you could verify the wages.

Attorney will know this exactly.
However, its advisable to check this with your attorney.

All the very best Agni.