wage about changing jobs after 180 days

xikou2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I have one question regarding changing jobs after 180 days of filing I485. I know the job shld be similar. What does "similar" mean? More specifically,
1) The job title shld be the same as in LC?
Say, if in LC the title is "software engineer", is "Senior software
engineer" OK?
2) Is it a must that the new employer must promise the wage in LC be paid upon GC approval?

Pls advice, happy thxgiving.

xikou2002:

Here are the answers:

1) The job title shld be the same as in LC? Say, if in LC the title is "software engineer", is "Senior software engineer" OK?

Ans: The job title need not necessarily be the same, but the essential job duties should be same or something similar, i.e., if you're a software engineer you could take up positions such as software developer or applications programmer, but not as a nurse or auto mechanic. Hope you get the gist.

2) Is it a must that the new employer must promise the wage in LC be paid upon GC approval?

Ans: Ideally, yes. But in this downturn period, I guess any salary that is a generally accepted salary for a specific position in a specific geographic area currently, would be most likely accepted by the INS. Visit www.salary.com to check out salaries.

Hope that answers your questions. Please consult your attorney for details.

Thanks mavishka

Thanks mavishka!

From my impression INS is very tough :)
Unexpectedly a new job title "applications programmer"
is acceptable from "Software engineer"...

Thanks to INS also.