- filed i-485 in december 01
- 3 APs
- 3 EADs
- 1st FP don't even remember when any more
- 2nd FP in november 03
- RFE (usual stuff - EVL and w-2s) in november 03
- responded to RFE and response received also in november 03
- asked lawyer to find out what's happening in march 04
- approved april 22nd (received email from USCIS after creating profile on their site a couple of days before then)
- stamped at SFO today (april 29th)

first, thanks goes to Rajiv for the excellent site + Pcee, SillyMan, Kashmir, longwait_2001, and others for their gracious volunteer efforts. much appreciated.

good luck for those of you who don't have approvals yet, and i hope they come soon.

now for the stamping experience (hopefully helps others at some point) -

- notice says should go to Sansome St and office hours are 8am-2pm
- actual hours, address, steps to follow are best described at http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/sanfran/aboutus.htm#anchor1658746
- notably, one should go to Sansome only if they have an appointment (supposedly this can be set up by calling 1 (800) 375-5283 but i did not try that)
- if you don't have an appointment, go to Washington St line
- i showed up around 6:20 and there were already 100+ people in line
- line starts moving (ie people are let into building) even before 7am
- note that cameras are not allowed inside so if you have a fancy cell phone better don't take it with you ;)
- got in around 7:15
- explain to one clerk why you're there, get a token, sit down in a room with 100+ people and wait until your number shows up on screen
- i got called in about 2 mins, presumably because 1 clerk was dedicated to PP stamping
- clerk asked for approval notice (i brought original, don't know if courtesy copy would work), i-94s, EADs, 2 pictures (notice says everything about what these should be like), but not for APs
- clerk then took the index fp and asked to sign
- finally stamped PP
- whole thing took about 10 mins and i was out on street around 7:30

now the wait for actual GC begins but clearly that is a bit less stressful ;)

Congratulations !!

> first, thanks goes to Rajiv for the excellent site + Pcee, SillyMan, Kashmir, longwait_2001, and others for their gracious volunteer efforts. much appreciated.

My pleasure.
Please make a contribution to ImmigrationPortal.ORG for our community and your own future.

Enjoy your freedom,
-kashmir