WAC-01-283 Approved FINALLY......

amits

Registered Users (C)
My struggle started in June 98 and would end very soon (waiting for approval letter). By now I'm already tired of waiting and just feel glad that it will be over soon.

My company applied in 98 with EB3 but its I140 got RFE as my degree was Mechanical and Labor cert specified Comp, EE. Lawyers sent clarifications but INS turned it down and forwarded it to AAICU, an organization that takes about 2 years pass its verdict. This was first of its kind in my company as others with even Metallurgical eng. had gotten through. It felt even worse as EB3 was current at that time and if my I140 had been approved.....

My lawyer filed another EB3 in 1999.

In the year 2000 I got my company to file EB2 using progressive experience criteria (BS +5yrs) but got RFE on its I140 and lawyer didn't even care to reply RFE.

In year 2001 my wife couldn't get residency in any hospital as we didn't had EAD or Green Card.

In 2001 July the I140 of 2nd EB3 got approoved and a few days later I140 of 1st EB3 also got approved for CP. Didn't pursue CP because of job market and applied 485 with
RD=Aug 6,2001 ND=Sept 13,2001
Lawyers had applied 485 using 2nd EB3 labor cert and I140 and in Sept sent INS 1st I140 to reclaim the priority date of 98.
iEAD= Nov 9th, FP=Feb 2nd
Officially laid off in March. Got RFE on March end for
1. Salary slips , letter....
2. Copy of 1st labor cert

My wife got RFE for the proof that she was legally staying here during her stay on F1. This after providing INS with all her I20, H4 visa and I-94 with date of entry etc.

My company lawyer gave me a lot of attitude about my asking questions about RFE filing and documents I had to furnish and also told the fee to be $325/hr. Thank god I got rid of her and got another more approachable one who filed it for just $250.00 After six months of no salary I got a job filed my RFE in June received by INS on June 18th. It would have been 2 months by this weekend and I was thinking of asking lawyer to file inquiry and also sending a letter to Congressman as suggested by few folks on this board.

I moved from South bay to Walnut Creek 2 weeks back and hope I'll get my letters mailed /forwarded to new address. Does anybody know where I'll have to go for stamping...San Jose or San Francisco.

This board has been very supportive and informative. I got more info from this board than ever from my previous lawyers. Thanks PCEE and others for all your selfless help. You guys are great.

And since information about a lawyer with experience and personal attention is a common question on this board, I would suggest you visit www.danalaw.com

Congratulations Auggc

Congrats Auggc.

You really deserve congrats from everybody here. You had a very long journey, and finally it is over. We all are very happy for you.

Congrats once again :)

congrats auggc

Congratulations! You really deserve it.
So there is truth in "everly cloud has a silver lining"! All the best with your new freedom.

Thanks everybody and good luck...

One interesting thing that my lawyer told me was that if you've completed 180 days after filing 485 and you get RFE...you need not have a job to respond to RFE regarding job letter and salary slips (per her interpretation of AC21 as there is no clear cut definition of AC21) and she has seen such successfully approved cases. Although if INS wants they can again issue RFE (but that will atleast buy you more time).

In my case I got the job just in time. But if my lawyer had told me this earlier I could have gotten releived of tension I was having while being jobless.

Never loose hope....and it pays finally. I've seen it.

Congrats

Auggc,
Congrats..my story is way similar to yours..but I am still to see my freedom and desperately waiting and hoping for it..wishes to u and your fmly.