VSC & Washington, D.C. DO

LegalAlien99

Registered Users (C)
Hi y'all!

USCIS finally chashed the $400! The check was submitted on 01/24/06 and cleared today. On the check they wrote 1-23-06, so I assume this is my PD, but I will see once I get the official receipt notice and will post the info then.

What would the receipt number on the check look like? There are plenty of numbers. There is one hand written number on the front of the check, right above where it says "1-23-06". The number above starts ESC and is then followed by 12 numbers. Would that be it?

Cheers,
Nico

esc*xxxxxxxxx - that's the format: all together there should be 13 symbols including the asterisk. when my check was cashed it wasn't legible and the WSC* part was missing, only numbers, so it wasn't until i got the actual receipt notice could i access the status online. just give it a couple of weeks and it will arrive in the mail.
good luck!

Hi- you did it a few days ago

I am about the sumit my wife's N-400 form. My question is:

Do I punch two holes on the top of the application and other attachments and file clip it?

Thanks

Hi there!

No, I did not punch hole my application. I sent them more than what they actually needed. I submitted the N-400 itself, a front & back copy of my GC, a copy of my selective service registration, a copy of my reentry permit and official IRS tax transcripts for 2002, 2003, 2004. I will take 2005 and all the other stuff with me to the interview. I sorted all the documents and clipped them together with a standard paper clip.

On top of the entire package, I placed a cover sheet, indicating "N-400 Original Submission - 4 years plus 1 day" stating the basis of my application. All the other information they need will be in my A-file once they pull that. My GC is a "Diversity Green Card" (DV Lottery - Germany).

I spend about 1 year continuously outside the U.S. when I got my reentry permit (I was in Germany all of 2001). When I applied for my Reentry Permit in 2000, I had submitted a ton of documentation why I had to be gone. At that time, I was still finishing my M.A. degree in Germany. Therefore, I also did not submit a tax transcript for 2001. No income, lived with my folks.

Since my return in January of 2002, I have already accumulated over 40 months of physical presence...and no further disruption of my continuous residency requirement. If you are gone with a reentry permit and return within its validity, the last year spent outside the U.S. counts towards your continuous residency requirement anyway.

Well, I guess this is more information that you actually asked for, but I thought I would share with you and the others anyway.

Best of luck!!!

Nico