VSC Status Requests

goforGC

Registered Users (C)
Status Requests

The VSC strongly encourages people to use the online INS case status inquiry system to check routine status matters, rather than telephoning. They note that the time spent answering questions and responding to eMails (for premium processing cases) would be better spent processing cases.

GC012002,

I am on H1B and have RD Oct01, 2001 (EB2/NJ). How do I know if my case is in premium processing? Or can I even have them process mine in that category?

Do you have to request that? Any side effects of that?

Thanks a lot.

Pay more.. get quick..

My knowledge is there are some categories of Visa that can be processed expeditiously by paying a premium fee. Those come under premium processing.. (H1 is among them too..). If you hav paid around $1000/- more than the regular visa fee fro H1 yours is in premium processing.

Originally posted by Oct1RD01
GC012002,

I am on H1B and have RD Oct01, 2001 (EB2/NJ). How do I know if my case is in premium processing? Or can I even have them process mine in that category?

Do you have to request that? Any side effects of that?

Thanks a lot.

Actually anyone can opt for premium processing, if you/your company is willing to shell another $1000 for that. INS has to take a decision in 15 days. If there is any RFE, the clock gets reset.
I presume u r talking abt 485 RD and not H1B:p 'os there is no premium processing for 485's.:D