VSC Slowded down- reason

485when

Registered Users (C)
VSC has recently slowed down in 485 processing. We did not see many approvals lately. Do you think it is because of the election uncertainity? VSC has been processing 8/99 RD cases for last 2/3 months. We saw some 9/99 approvals but those applicants must be really lucky. Looks like it will take long time before VSC starts 10/99 cases.
Any comments?

No Title

well dude, no offence to you, the simple reason is the election is over no more pressures to dole out GCs so sit back and take it easy for them. i would be surprised if they can even move the Aug 15th 1999 processing date to Sept 15th 1999 even by feb 00. only miracles happen but not this time at the release of GRINCH . well JUST HOPE its a WHITE XMAS and no recession of any sorts.
just look athe past performance of INS vermont to take a wild guess its again the exponential processing time and EAD renewals / H1 renewals AP renewals.

No Title

It is quite possible that VSC is processing EB3 cases, whose priority dates are not current, given that most of such cases had been issued FP notices and some have even got RFE\'s. So, although such cases maybe getting processed, their status is not updated to approved until their PD is current.

No Title

Today I called INS and get my VAM changed to "we send you a note for additional information..." is this for REF checking?
My case:
  RD 05/99
  FP 03/00

Thanks for any advice

No Title

The VSC Tracker has so far 29 approvals in Nov. compared to 61 in October. It might have slowed a little but not a whole lot.

Wait1998, it is RFE.

No Title

I disagree with your initial argument that Election is over..... until the voter registration deadline passes, it has been an insider INS policy to approve citizenship cases to get more votes.. and once that passes INS should look more at H1B, GC related cases would you think?.. Since the new law has been passed, it asks for more congressional reporting on how the new law is being implemented within 90 days... so it\'s really time for INS to do its homework.. we just have to wait and see but I don\'t think it is as scary as your prediction though..

BK