VSC RFE: EAD Extension

get_gc123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I received a RFE for my EAD extension from VSC asking me to prove my current address is not a business address.?

Does anyone receive this kind of RFE?
I would really appreciate your input and feedback.

RD: 12/23/02
FP:02/02/03
EAD1 Expires in 02/03

forget abt 485 simple thing is approving of EAD and AP
For these things ,they are taking like months .. i am sure in feature it will take min 1 year to approve the EAD and 6 yrs to 485 , they will grant EAD valid period for 2 yrs and increase price to three TIMES

RFE to verify EAD business address

Could you provide more details...I applied EAD extension using business address...now I am concerned ....i do hope to get an approval before end of Jan ..

get_gc123

Are you or your spouse or anyone that stays with you incorporated? Have you used your home address as a primary address for that incorporation?

If not, to respond to your RFE, think about something like this -

1) If you're staying in a rental apartment, you can get a letter from the apartment mgmt. stating that they've leased the apt to you as an individual and not any business

2) If you own a house, you might be able to prove it by providing a copy of your mortgage papers/deed stating that you own it as an individual and not a business

Additionally, try visiting your local branch of IRS (www.irs.gov)
They might have a list of all businesses registered in your state. They might be able to verify your address against that database and provide you a letter stating that no business is registered for your address. It might be worth a try.

What does your lawyer say? What documents do you have to provide?

Yes, I did provide our leasing agreement along with our STATE ID's to our lawyer and she did send them to INS. I hope this will suffice the RFE:

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by get_gc123
Yes, I did provide our leasing agreement along with our STATE ID's to our lawyer and she did send them to INS. I hope this will suffice the RFE:

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

Were the addresses same for u and ur lawyer in the EAD application? Did u apply directly r thru lawyer?

Anybody else got an RFE for this?

Because I am expecting to move shortly and considering the delay in recent days in EAD/AP approval, I had given my friend's address [who has a permanent address as it own house] for EAD app.
Anybody had done the same? I couldn't use my lawyer's address as the lawyer said, I can't use business address.